Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Conversations - 8

"Um, hi, I need to reactivate my account," I said to the staff guy at the YMCA, slightly embarassed. They have this system there that keeps track of how many reps and weights you're supposed to lift.

"Okay, no problem..." He says. "How long has it been since you've been here?"

"Three months," I replied, "I got sick, then injured, and then I just got lazy."

"Well," He says, "at least you're back."

"Yeah, thanks, summer's a good time for me to get back into it," I said.
------------------
I'm feeling pretty motivated. I realized that my summer is going to be pretty boring, and all the extra stuff I've been doing ended with the school year, so now I have all this extra free time, and no one to hang out with. So I figure I'll just hit the gym as hard as I can this summer. I want to see what kind of a difference it makes in my attitude and physique.

No comments: