Sunday, May 08, 2005

Thoughts of the weekend

What a crazy weekend! My mother had jaw surgery last Thursday, and had complications. We had to call 911 at 3am and the fire dept. showed up. I'm thankful that she's doing a lot better today. I was a little scared.

Today is my last Sunday working until the fall. I'm thankful for that as well. I will finally get to spend more time with friends from church after the service.

I also picked up my new glasses. Interesting. I can only sometimes tell that they make a difference. Like now. My eyes have been tired all day. I think it is linked to the general fatigue I feel as a result of the stressful weekend. It was not relaxing at all.

I just have to say that I hate it that my step-mom has to argue or dispute everything I say. This bothers me. Remind me not to marry someone who always has to be right.

I really think I need a vacation, but I don't know where I should go. I want to go to London to see my sister and a friend of mine who lives there, but that would not be a restful vacation. The time difference would kill me. I'm thinking about now maybe trying to attach the trip to an extra vacation.

I saw my dad this weekend also and we chatted. Everytime he asks me how I'm doing I don't know what to tell him. Life is the same, there's not anything exciting going on, but I'm a little frustrated because I have some decisions to make and don't know what to do. But I don't feel like I can say this to my dad.

I am sliding into a depression I think. Not clinical or anything, but I think I'm prone to it. This is interesting because I don't want to be depressed. But I don't know what I can do to snap out of it. I feel very alone right now.

I'm glad I at least get to take a small break next weekend. I am visiting Laurel, and it will be good.

No comments: