Monday, March 07, 2005

Resting and Waiting

How important it is to rest! We talked about the Sabbath on Sunday, and how important it is to take the time to rest.

Bob (the pastor) advised us all to take the time to say "no" to things that we normally say "yes" to and to say "yes" to the things that we normally have to say "no" to. I thought that was good advice.

I am totally appreciating Spring Break, because it is a time of rest for me even though there are no students. It is very quiet here, and peaceful.

I am looking forward to this weekend, wherein I will be spending time with Laurel and her sisters to celebrate with her as she prepares for her wedding in 3 weeks.

Right after Ryan left to go overseas, I got sort of sad. I really miss him. And because he was gone, I just let it be. Then he sent me an email a few weeks later and reminded me that even though he lives farther away, we can still communicate. It was sort of a "Hey, I'm still here for you, how are you doing" email.

This is sort of how I feel about Laurel's marriage... I find myself mourning a little for our friendship because things are changing. But I have to remind myself that even though this is a big change in her life, she is not going to change that much, and even though things will be slightly different, we will always be friends.

No comments: