Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Exciting times

So. I finally bought a newer car. It runs so well. I'm still in the process of figuring out what to do with my old one (that doesn't run). I went to Bethany, OK with a friend of mine. We stayed with her Aunt and Uncle up there. Her Uncle, Doug, knows everyone in town up there, and he knew I was looking for something. He had scouted out this car for me and I got a sweet deal on it because he knew the owners. They were so nice! And I didn't feel like I was signing over my life. Anyways. I'm waiting to get the title in the mail and then I can get it registered.

Sometimes I have these fleeting fantasies about having my close friends in town. I wish I could live in the same town as my friend Laurel. We are friends from college, and we came close once. She lived in L.A. and I lived in L.A. County. I'm sad we didn't see each other more and now we live REALLY far away from each other. Laurel, don't you want to move to TX???  Haha. Anyways, my friend Tara called me today and guess what? She and her husband are moving here next month! I can't believe it! We met each other in San Diego and I got to watch her fall in love and get married to her husband. He got a job here and it was sort of a 1 in 5 chance that he would get this particular job. Tara asked me about my complex (which I love) and so not only are they moving here, but they might be my neighbors. I am so excited!

No comments: