Sunday, August 22, 2010

What I learned at Frog Camp

I had the privilege of attending frog camp this year... the freshman orientation camp at TCU as a staff facilitator. It was a meaningful time for the incoming freshmen. But they aren't the only ones that got to take something away...

I was reminded that it's still important to take time out to be silly and laugh, a lot-- to play in the pool, ride on the water slides, play foosball and run through sprinklers.

I was reminded that it's never too late to see each day as an opportunity to connect with people, to value them, and to listen.

I was reminded that the only regrets I will continue to have are when I refuse to take action toward the changes I want to see in my life or the goals I want to accomplish.

I am really looking forward to the new academic year.

No comments: