Friday, July 23, 2010

Losing things, like my mind

I have a lot going on in my life right now. When I go silent on the blog, it usually means my mind is working overtime. My car, the trusty 1995 Mercury Tracer, has finally died. It has served me well over the years, but the time has come for me to get a newer car. The timing isn't great, since I do not feel like I'm in the best financial position to get something right now. However, I do need reliable transportation. Mostly because I do earn extra income from teaching lessons and performing.

Because my car is essentially dead (I do not feel safe driving it), I have been using my bike as my main mode of transportation. This has been great! I get my workout in for the day riding to work and back (about 12 miles round trip). I tried taking the front wheel off and back on (got a ride from someone) and when I went to put the wheel back on, I couldn't get it on! So I had to take it to the bike shop, which I did today. Turns out I wasn't just an idiot, something had gone wrong with the slot where the tire is supposed to go. All fixed now, thankfully.

However, because of this whole car/transportation situation, I have a lot on my mind. Whenever I am subconsciously stressed out, I start losing track of things that I normally do not lose track of, like my wallet. I have lost it twice in the last two weeks. The first time, I knew I dropped it at work somewhere, but it was missing long enough that I decided to replace my credit cards. Then a coworker found it. I had dropped it under the service desk chair that we all use. I was so relieved!

Then I lost it again last night. That was much worse. A friend of mine is visiting from California, and we went to the Rangers/Angels game last night. That's where I lost my wallet. I realized it was missing as we were leaving. It took me some time to retrace my steps and then ask where lost and found was located. Thankfully, someone turned it in. I apparently dropped it in the bathroom.

I am so relieved that there are still honest people in this world. So glad I have my wallet.

No comments: