Thursday, July 01, 2010

Vacation

What a trip! I just got back from my vacation to California, to the lovely cities of San Diego and Fresno. I had a great time-- got to see most of the people I wanted to see and went to a wedding, which was fun and beautiful. I got to attend this one, I didn't have to play cello at this wedding.

I also got to meet my new nephew who was born on June 18. Welcome to the world, Hudson! He looks exactly like my brother did (his daddy) at birth.

My vacation was a very nice break from life, though I find that how I'm back, I feel like I'm trying to play catch-up, and get my life together, for really good reasons.

Since I've been in Texas, I've been working on building up a community of musicians, and a music network. I've been working on making connections, for both teaching cello lessons and performing. All my hard work is paying off! I met a great musician here in DFW, Vanessa Peters, and I will be playing with her for three shows this month in Dallas, Houston, and Austin. I get to go on my very first mini-tour! (If you can call two shows a tour, haha!). I am really looking forward to these gigs, Vanessa is a great musician and a fun person to be around.

I have been working on finding students to teach. My goal has been to find four students, and right now, I have three. One more to go! So if any of you are interested in lessons... uh, let me know. Comments.

What this means is that I have been having to seriously work on my scheduling abilities.
(I will not double book,
I will not double book,
I will not double book...)

I'm finding that I now must practice a lot of new music so I'm also working on scheduling personal practice sessions. Practicing music is a lot like choosing to exercise for me. I never feel like doing either, but I know it's good for me, and I'll feel better after I do it.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

i want more details from the vacay!! glad you made it back :)