Sunday, March 06, 2011

Advice Follow up...

After thinking about my date last Friday, I realized I needed to fully trust my intuition (which I have been told that mine is particularly reliable by others) and tell this guy I wasn't really interested. I felt like a jerk. No one likes being rejected, and for me, both sides of it are difficult-- the rejection or rejecting. I know I made a good decision, and there will be less hurt and anxiety later down the road for both of us (probably).

This experience, combined with the icky-ness of my string quartet audition experience and subsequent resignation has made this a really difficult week for me. I am feeling a little down on life and feeling extra anxious tonight.

I am really glad I rode my bike today a bit longer than usual. I am delayed in my bedtime, but I am hoping I will be able to sleep when I eventually get there.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

keep putting yourself out there. you only need one to click. both with dating and finding a music group. also, think of it as an adventure. you'll have great stories later...that's how i thought of it. and everything gets easier with practice. but call me any time you want to commiserate with someone. love you!