Thursday, April 29, 2010

Church Search

I visited not one but TWO churches on Sunday last week. The first was because they asked me to come play cello, which I did.

Then I went to another service after that at another church. That's an interesting story. As I was doing my research for churches, I came across one where I couldn't find the service times listed anywhere on their website. If it had been my website, I would have wanted to know that this information was missing. So I emailed the church through their contact form to ask them what time they meet and hinted that the service times were missing. The helpful receptionist responded with the service times. When I checked the website again, the times still weren't on the web page.

I sort of forgot about it for a week or two, until another friend and I were talking about web usability, and I told her about this church's website. After we talked, I was like, "I'm emailing them, they need to know!" So I looked at their staff page and emailed the guy who's job description and bio most closely resembled that of a web master. Well, he immediately responded back. He got the times up on the site. As a result of this incident, we started writing a bit more back and forth. The church I visited on Sunday was the one that he attends. I think I've made a new friend.

All that to say I'm surprised sometimes by how friendships form.

1 comment:

mons meg said...

life is funny sometimes :) how was the church?