Sunday, February 21, 2010

Service Project

I just got back from a service project in Oklahoma. I'm tired, and I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I went with a small group from church to a residential school for boys. We were given the task of tearing down the siding of a shed, and then rebuilding it. In that process, we also cleaned out the inside of the shed by pulling everything out, trashing the stuff that needed to be trashed, and putting everything back inside. It looks a lot better. Things I did this weekend on this trip included:
  • Digging ditches
  • Raking dirt
  • Lifting heavy stuff-- like plywood and concrete
  • Wrapping power cords correctly
  • Tree-climbing
  • Dumping stuff in dumpsters
  • Making faces at the camera guy
  • Entertaining people with my guitar playing skills (or lack thereof)
  • Eating lots of beef
Pictures will surface eventually. I did not take my camera, but lots of other people did take theirs. It was a really good trip. I loved the working, conversing, the road trip, the getting to know people better. It was all good. I love all the open spaces that we drove through, and in the end, it was refreshing to get away to a beautiful place this weekend.

No comments: