Sunday, April 02, 2006

Teaching and Writing

I was just thinking about how fun it is to read certain writers who publish regularly, and I realize just how hard it is to write something everyday. It is especially a challenge to write posts that are meaningful, or funny, or insightful, and do it on a daily basis. So I don't. But I wish I could.

I taught the kids at church today, and it was difficult for a few reasons:

A) It is spring break, and all our normal helpers are out of town, so we had a lot of new ones
B) I felt unprepared... as I had to teach the lesson, pick some songs to sing, and control the flow of the morning.
C) Time change. I was tired!

Teaching on Sundays has really confirmed to me how tired I would be if I taught at a regular school of some kind. Things always feel so chaotic. Our director assures me that I am doing a good job, but I never feel like I do.

I need new songs. I need to go and buy a bunch of kids songs on cd or something. I keep listening to my radio for appropriate songs. I knew good songs were hard to find... They have to be age appropriate, match our theology, and it is an added bonus if they have motions that go along with them. I try to write them, but it is hard when I feel like I don't have any good ideas right now. The whole writing process takes time and time is a very limited commodity for me at the moment.

No comments: