Sunday, June 19, 2005

Softball: Game 1

Okay, so I got asked to play for a church league here in SD. So my first at bat, I swing forward and hit the ball, but because I was off-balance from my swing, I tripped over my feet trying to get to first and fell flat on my face. I never made it to first. I scraped my knee, which I haven't done since high school, and totally felt like an idiot. However, I did manage to redeem my horrible at-bat with a nice catch in the 2nd inning. I played second base, so I caught an infield pop-fly for an out. I also got on base 3 additional times and scored a run. So ya know. Made up for the horridness of my first at-bat.

All I gotta say is at least expectations won't be that high for my ability as a player, so if I make good plays, people will automatically be impressed, just cause I failed so miserably early on in the game.

No comments: