Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Authenticity

I think Sunday's music at church was one of the best sets the band has put together in a long time. I don't know what was going on, but the music was awesome! We were all energetic, loose, and really worked well together. It is always more fun when the band rocks!

The sermon really made me think. Ryan challenged me to be a part of his prayer and fasting ministry team, and I was a tad reluctant because I guess I'm scared of committment. Although, if I commit to something, I do it, whatever it is.

So this Sunday, the pastor talked about Isaiah 58:1-12 and what the difference is between authentic faith and inauthentic faith. This particular passage highlights the difference between fasting and praying out of obligation verses sincerity of heart.

This sermon really challenged me to look at my life and the things I really care about. My priorities reveal the true intentions of my heart and if I'm honest with myself, I really don't see myself caring about the things that God cares about. This needs to change. Slowly but surely, I'll get there...only because of the grace of God.

No comments: