Friday, March 23, 2012

This is nice and all...

...but will not get you anywhere:

I'm afraid I font have a question to ask but would like to say that I do find you intresting. Just one of those things . I'm always looking for a good friend and maybe if we can be friends , I would like to hear you play. Till then have a good day.

So let me say a little more about why this won't get you anywhere...

This is another message I got from a guy on a dating site. I explicitly tell people in my profile that if you want a response from me you need to ask a question because (and I quote): Conversations start with questions and end with statements.


The message above tells me nothing. Do we have anything in common? Does he like tacos? Why does he find me interesting? I know why I think I am interesting, but please, tell me a little more... how can we be friends if he can't ask me a question to find out more about me and or whether or not we can have a conversation? This tells me that the guy likes music and wants to see me play, and I all I can think right now is "what if he's a stalker? I know nothing about him!" So no, sir, I will not be inviting you (whoever you are) to watch me play. Not happening. I will also not be responding to this message.


2 comments:

kreyna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megancaprio said...

hang in there. there are good ones out there.