Friday, September 09, 2011

Missing

I had one of those kinds of weeks that just really had a lot in it. Every day seemed long and challenging. I have to work tomorrow, and most of the day on Sunday as well, so I am feeling a little stressed out. One of my friends is having a rough time. We talked a little about it, and it made me realize that often, the little things I worry about in my week are not as significant as I make them out to be. Sometimes I look at my life through this lens of stress, overwhelm, and "I'm too busy." But when I am able to step out of that a little, and look at my life without all that emotion, it just becomes a "to do" list, and all I have to do is work my way through it, without all the stress and drama. I had those moments this week. I was busier than I have ever been, but I felt really grounded. I may or may not have gotten more done in those moments, but I know that I felt more productive, which probably means I was.

Perhaps the long weekend helped... I got a lot of rest, and got to talk to ALL of my best friends. It was amazing. It is challenging to be away from all of them. I really, really, miss having people to do stuff with on a regular basis. That's the hardest part about moving away.

1 comment:

kreyna said...

I too, really, really miss having people to do stuff with on a regular basis as well! :)