Sunday, December 09, 2007

Black Sunday

I'm working in the library. It is the Sunday before finals week on campus, and the students are restless. A few of them have just walked by, dropped to the floor, rolled a bit, and then stood up. I'm a little curious as to why this seems to be happening. Maybe they have eaten too much pizza and the carbs are all going to their heads. This is the LIBRARY and students come here to study. Except for the ones who come to be seen "studying" which is worse because this means that the library is the social place to be seen. Which also means that they get to talk to all their friends, in the library. I especially love the students who forget that they are in the library, or that they are not in an enclosed area (ie study room) and are talking so loudly that we can hear them all the way in the reference area.This is why today is known in my world as "Black Sunday," one of my least favorite days of the year.

No comments: