Thursday, February 08, 2007

Soup-R-Bowl

It was about 10:30pm last night when I walked into the grocery store, recipe in hand. I do not really cook often, and I had never made this recipe before, but needed to make some soup because every year for the superbowl, my office throws a party wherein we eat soup. I signed up to bring potato soup, which is one of my favorites, but one that I had never tried to make before.

I found the potatos, got an onion, some spices, and some cheese. I purchased my items, and put the two bags in my car, got in, and thought, "Do I have a peeler?" It was debatable since I couldn't remember the last time I peeled anything. So I got back out of my car, and went in to buy a peeler. The funny part about this experience is that there was only one checker working. When he scanned my peeler, he gave me a look because I had just checked out 5 minutes earlier. I smiled a cheesy smile and shrugged. He said, "You don't have a potato peeler?" I said, "I can't remember. It's debateable."

I was up really late making soup. And thankfully, it tasted okay.

No comments: