Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Wow, it's December

These last few weeks have been really busy. I feel like I'm stuck back in those weeks in college where "breaks" just don't exist, unless you choose to procrastinate. I have had a ton of homework in my French class. I'm finding that as I learn more everyday, it is becoming harder to remember those really easy lessons that we learned in the beginning. I have an oral French exam tomorrow. My prof will probably ask me about what I did over Thanksgiving. So here's the English translation:

On Thursday, Megan and I drove to San Dimas, and when we got there, we tried to take a nap. The nap was short-lived because my brother came home and woke us up. We chatted with him, and then we all went over to my Dad's house, where we decorated the Christmas tree, and watched football until my extended family came over. Normally I don't really like holidays, and I still got asked how I like my job (I hate that question...because they only want to criticize) and so I don't really give any extended responses. But my crazy cousin wasn't so crazy this year. He and I both kind of felt the same way...that we didn't really know our family, and that was sad. So all the cousins went around the table and we shared what was going on. It was really good. As a result, this thanksgiving was better than usual.

Then I went and spent some good quality time in the bay area with Laurel and Daniel, her fiance. You know, when you don't have a lot of money, and your friend's boyfriend pays for his girlfriend and her friend when they go out, well, that's really cool. He's a good guy.

So my break ended and although I was tired, I was content. Hopefully Christmas will be just as smooth.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Welcome back to the virtual world. I missed you. I am glad your break went well. I will be praying for your for the next couple of weeks. I know it is not super easy, but vacation is almost here!