Friday, May 23, 2014

On Life and Writing

This is probably the longest break I've taken from writing. I've been struggling. A lot. I often feel very alone. And yet, I have friends here, I have a great job, and I do make an effort to spend time ministering and being around people. So it's hard for me to reconcile the good things I've got in my life with the way I feel most of the time.

And it's interesting. I notice that when I'm feeling this way, I stop writing. I stop reflecting. Well, not really. I'm just more caught up in my own mind. When I don't write, my thoughts, I suppose, just get stuck up there.

I think I come across as having it all together. Whatever that means. But I don't. In these times of struggle, I'm reminded that I'm human, that a lot of other people are feeling the same way.

I'm in process of making a list of fun things to do when I start feeling alone. Even the thought of this list makes me smile, even though I haven't put anything on it yet. These tasks will help me create connection, which we all need.

I'm starting to feel like writing again, all things, and I think it's a sign that I'm finally healing a little.

No comments: