Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T-day break

I really have been feeling so isolated lately. I have been busy, and it has been hard to make time to try and be with friends. I am really thankful for the friends that I do have, both far and near. I don't even really share lunches with many of my coworkers. One of them asked me to lunch last week. I was so thankful for that. I guess I feel like I just don't have a lot of money right now to eat out a lot, so it has really inhibited my social life at work, since most of it revolves around getting lunch with people. I really do need to seek out people at lunch sometimes, but I have a commitment to paying off all my debts within the next two years. I am struggling with finding the balance between socializing by going out and eating in. It's important to me to do both.

Tonight was a good night too. One of my cello students made me pumpkin bread and then I had dinner with a friend of mine from church. I really needed the fellowship tonight. Combine that with the pumpkin bread and, well, it has been an encouraging evening.

Turkey Trot in the morning... plus a T-day party. It is going to be a good day, even if I can't spend it with my family.


No comments: