Friday, July 03, 2009

Concrete heart



I love finding random beauty in the world. I noticed this piece of sidewalk almost the first week I moved in. There are so many things I think about when I see this picture. The heart is actually a hole in the concrete of the sidewalk. I liked the juxtaposition of the crack in the sidewalk next to the heart. Our hearts are all a bit cracked I'd say, but still beautiful. I'm hoping that this picture makes you think. I'd love to hear your comments on this one...

4 comments:

Dan said...

It reminds me of the Operation game. See if you can remove the abnormal leafy growth without touching the sides.

Kristi said...

It is a good reminder that God is at work even in the simple, mundane places that people just simply walk over, until someone stops & takes notice...it reminds me to be still & know that He is God. Thanks.

mons meg said...

there would be a leaf in the heart you found :) i like that the heart is lopsided and misshapen but it makes it more beautiful and interesting i think. perfectly shaped hearts aren't that exciting

emspivey said...

I like it! I love how it's something that you might miss unless you're paying attentions.