Thursday, June 09, 2011

Jerome the frog

I received notice that I got a package in the mail and couldn't figure out what it could have been. Turns out I ordered this out-of-print book from a used bookstore online, Jerome the Frog, by Philip Ressner a few weeks ago and it finally came! I was really excited and it brought back some fond memories of my childhood. I remember my dad reading this book to us when I was young.

The story goes that Jerome meets a witch and she turns him into a prince. When he goes to the townspeople to let them know about his new princely status, they mock him and tell him to prove it. Using his wits, he negotiates with a crow, a dragon, and a wizard, convincing them to change their "evil" ways which greatly improves the lives of the townspeople. I loved the illustrations when I was young as the colors were vivid and swirly. Next time I see you, I'll read it to you out loud.

No comments: