Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Lights

One of my favorite memories as a child is looking at the Christmas lights that were hanging outside my window. The lights my parents used were big and colorful. Green, blue, and red were the colors that I could see outside my window.

My neighbors hung their lights today. Our house is one of the brightest on the street! They remind me of winters past, fires in the fire place, cookies, and hot chocolate.

This winter so far has been stressful and lonely and the lights remind me of home as well.

So many people these days put their lights up because it is tradition, without really thinking about what they represent. Because of all the lights, I was reminded that they represent the star that the magi saw long ago on the first Christmas night. It led them to Jesus.

No comments: